Health Care in Russian Pharmacy
Russia is the largest country in the world which is rich in natural resources. Since 1991, the Russian health status has drastically dropped. The diseases like TB, cancer and heart diseases have taken its toll and affecting the population greatly despite being one of the largest countries and have some very questioning medical and health care services. But in the last few years, it has hired some really specialized doctors and established some new and advanced fields of medicine.
Over the years there has been much development and there is an estimate of 17, 4500 Russian Pharmacy and over 50, 000 pharmaceutical booths scattered all over the country. Pharmaceuticals are self-provided for in-patients of the hospital by the hospital, while out-patients that are not in the hospital must purchase them. These pharmacies are divided mainly as:
- Regional government pharmacies: 23 percent
- Municipal authorities pharmacies: 60 percent
- Privately owned pharmacies: 17 percent
As Russia is the superpower, it imports drugs more than it requires. But the mishap is that even though there are drugs available in abundant quantities so lesser people are able to afford them. Many Russians are unable to afford the drugs they need. There is a variation of prices all over the country. The government tries to enforce wholesaling and retailing prices but still the regulations of these rules enforcement is quite patchy.
There are a number of hospitals, health care clinics and pharmacies widely spread in the country. They are distributed as:
- Rural Health Posts: These kinds of facilities offer the basic kind of health checkups. These checkups include immunizations, basic vaccinations, routine examinations, covering minor injuries and fractures. These service cover up to 4000 people of the population.
- Health Centers: These centers cover a large population of rural people that accumulates and adds up to 7000 people. These offer a vast array of very primary services regarding health. Some privileges that these centers are entitled to perform are minor surgeries. Normally, there is a small staff of nurses and pediatrician, a therapist, a midwife or a gynecologist at your disposal.
- Urban Polyclinics: These are better advanced and provide services more than a health center. The services usually provided by these clinics include general practice on patients, screening tests, treating severe and chronic illnesses, and an all-time caring staff. These clinics can usually house more than one specialist that can be major in cardio, oncology or obstetrics.
- Special Focus Polyclinics: These kinds of polyclinics specialize in housing pediatricians. There is also an availability of ambulatory pediatric care treat. They can deal with children up to the age of 19.
Russia has aimed to improve some sectors of the country health care being one of has received much attention since 2006. And to improve the quality of health services in Russia the government has induced incentives and increase in salaries of the nurses and doctors that encourages them to work more diligently towards the patients. These changes are really going to help improve the health and decrease any ill will against the government too. For more info visit us russian pharmacy.